NYC Marathon Lottery

I entered the 2010 NYC Marathon Lottery this morning. This will be my third year in a row entering the lottery so if I get turned down I am guaranteed entry into the race for 2011. This year the NYRRC is drawing the lottery in March which is very cool. They used to do it in June which left everyone scrambling for a Fall marathon once they got turned down in the lottery. It will be interesting to see how fast Fall marathons like Philadelphia and Chicago fill up now that NYC will draw it’s lottery in March. I always have mixed feelings about this lottery – I want to run the race, but I dread the fact that the logistics will be a nightmare. Oh well – I’m sure I won’t have to worry about it until Nov. 2011.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to NYC Marathon Lottery

1. Dan Seifring says:

I hope you get in this year and we can run it together (you will be running much faster than me). I started the lottery a year earlier than you so I am running this year. Didn’t realize the new dates for lottery entry and selection. Thanks for the heads up.

2. Dan Seifring says:

Meant I will be running 2010 (obviously this year has already happened).

3. FLYERS26 says:

Maybe I’ll try my luck at the lottery..
    let’s see….
    NYC
    Asbury Park
    Philly

add them together and you have a MANIAC !

4. Preston says:

I am in the lottery too!

5. obie says:

You ARE running this race.

6. Darrell says:

Good luck in the lottery. NYC is a great race. Even with all the costs; registration, hotel, etc… I think it’s a must do. The sheer enormity of it is amazing.

7. angryrunner says:

The worst part of the entire thing in terms of logistics was just getting into the corrals. Its not nearly as smooth as Boston or – from what I’ve been told – Chicago. Mostly because the things move. But other than that its not too bad at all. Expo was well organized, course is one of a kind and you get a bit of the rock star reception limping around after the race.

While my initial reaction was colored by my frustration with how the race went for me, I’m gonna agree that its worth doing at least once for the views alone!

Comments are closed.